By Katie Heffelfinger,Patrick McGlinchey
'What distinction does the atonement make for ecumenics, pastoral care, theodicy, gender, ecology, and social division?'
The solutions given by means of specialists of their fields aspect to the possibility of the doctrine to resume Christian theology and spirituality. This targeted publication is designed not just to provide the insights of those theologians, but additionally to steer readers to have interaction the difficulty for themselves and to combine the doctrine into their very own theological reflection.
1. Stephen Williams, 'The Atonement at the present time: The country of present Discussion';
2. Vincent Twomey and Stephen Williams, 'The move and Our Aspiration for a standard Doctrine of Redemption' via questions for chat groups;
3. Ron Elsdon, 'The move and the Redemption of the Cosmos';
4. Elaine Storkey, 'The pass and the Reconciliation of Gender' by way of an artistic writing workshop exercise;
5. David Tombs, 'The pass and the Reconciliation of Enemies';
6. Richard Bauckham, 'The pass and God's include of pain' through an exegetically pushed workout analyzing lament texts;
7. Robin Stockitt, 'The pass and Our Captivity to disgrace' by way of assets for accomplishing a bibliodrama workshop;
8. Heather Morris, 'The move and the therapeutic of the Self' by way of the outline of a prayer ministry sanatorium concerning the topics of the bankruptcy;
9. Katie M. Heffelfinger and Patrick G. McGlinchey, 'Responses';
Read Online or Download Atonement as Gift: Re-Imagining the Cross for the Church and the World PDF
Similar christian theology books
This booklet is a robust expression of Jesus Christ given in the course of the brokenness and hostilities of this international, as skilled by means of people who are marginalized and persecuted in modern society. Drawing on broader resources within the Christian culture, Farley keeps the facility of Jesus of Nazareth because the expression of the Divine Eros in knowledge, to wreck powers of sin, and supply a imaginative and prescient of existence, that is another Empire to provide methods and the place love reigns as norm.
This can be an inside-out viewpoint of Christian perfection that makes an attempt to combine the inward and outward dimensions of Wesley's idea of holiness.
There are 3 major positions that folks undertake in the abortion debate: pro-life, muddled center, and pro-choice. Jesus v. Abortion opinions the pro-choice and muddled center positions, utilizing a number of strange angles:(1) The query "What might Jesus say approximately abortion if he have been right here this present day?
During this publication Allan Doig explores the interrelationship of liturgy and structure from the Early Church to the shut of the center a while, bearing in mind social, fiscal, technical, theological and creative components. those are the most important to a formal knowing of ecclesiastical structure of all classes, and jointly their learn illuminates the research of liturgy.
- From the Future: Getting to Grips with Pannenberg's Thought
- Glimpsing God
- Beyond Calvin: Essays on the Diversity of the Reformed Tradition
- The Church in Exile: Living in Hope After Christendom
- To the Nations For the Earth: A Missional Spirituality
Extra resources for Atonement as Gift: Re-Imagining the Cross for the Church and the World